I've always loved those 30 days of... posts that people start on their blogs and I was thinking about what kind of crafts to do with my students this year and thought, "WOW there are so many wouldn't it be fun to compile them into a post or series?!"
So here we go!!
30 Days of Classroom Christmas Crafts/Gifts for Kids!
Day 1: Glitter OrnamentsPlum Adorable.
Basically, you'll need:
- clear ornaments
- glitter (fine works best)
- and Pledge floor wax (it comes in a blue bottle and little goes a LONG way)
- Take the top of the ornament off.
- Squirt a bit of Pledge into an ornament and swish it around until the entire inside is coated.
- Sprinkle glitter into the ornament, cover the hole, and *shake, shake, shake*.
- Add more glitter as need until the entire inside is covered.
- Dump out extra lose glitter.
- Put the top back on and VOILA!!
- Dixie cups work great for pouring in glitter and dumping out extra Pledge. By squishing the sides they make a nice spout.
- Try to avoid getting bubbles in the Pledge by shaking too hard while coating with the liquid.
- Wipe down the outside of the ornament with something alcohol based to remove sticky residue.
Find all the crafting ideas on my Pinterest Board.