Early Years Subtraction Songs with Links to Free Resources!



Anyone who has taught in the early years will be familiar with just how effective songs can be in helping children to learn concepts such as subtraction.   As such, I've complied a list of eight popular math songs with links to free resources.

Some Notes About Links


Some of the links direct you to the Twinkl  or TES websites which are amazing treasure troves of educational resources. The vast majority of their resources are free, however you have to sign in with a valid email account to download them.   Both Twinkl and TES are a reputable companies that I've been using for years - I promise they will not spam your email account nor demand your credit card details!  I am not in anyway affiliated with either of them, I simply discovered them whilst teaching in the UK as they are both very popular there.

The video links are all YouTube Videos.  I know that some schools servers block access to You Tube, however did you know that there is free software available you can use to download YouTube videos at home and then play in school?  I was delighted when I discovered this!  However, I did get permission from my Head Teacher first and assured her that all of the videos were prescreened and contained appropriate educational content.  

Five  Currant Buns


Five Little Speckled Frogs


Five Little Monkeys Swinging from a Tree



Five Little Ducks

Video
Stick Puppets
Small World Background


Five Little Men in a Flying Saucer


Ten Green Bottles


Ten Fat Sausages


Ten in the Bed


Other Resources?


I hope you find these links useful.  I have used these resources a lot with my preschoolers and they love them!  If you have links to any related freebie websites please share them in the comments section below.  

Best wishes,

Lisa